Facilities at the Holiday Cottages
The Longhouse and the Tudor Wing each have the following facilities:
- Modern kitchens with a ceramic hob, oven, microwave and dishwasher.
- Power showers.
- Bed linen and towels (1 large and 1 small) are provided for each person.
- The utility room has a freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- There is an outside clothes line with clothes pegs.
- Heating is by night storage and panel heaters.
- Both parlours have huge open fireplaces. Wood for the first fire is supplied. The Great Hall has an oil fired wood burner.
- TV, DVD player and radio.
- Newspapers may be ordered for daily delivery - arriving at approx 10am.
- Provision of a small grocery order on arrival can be arranged.
- Ready cooked meals can be ordered from a recommended local caterer.
- We have recycling facilities for paper, cans, bottles, etc.
Holiday Arrivals & Departures
Arrivals after 3pm unless otherwise arranged.
Departures by 10.30am please. Whilst we do not wish to rush our guests please be mindful that we have to prepare the property for the next guests.
Dog Friendly Holidays
Well behaved dogs accepted - maximum of 2 per holiday cottage. Charged at £10 per dog per week. THEY MUST NOT BE LEFT UNATTENDED IN THE PROPERTY AT ANY TIME.
Child Friendly Holidays
There are 2 staircases in the Longhouse, both have doors at the top and at the bottom. In the Tudor wing the turret staircase also has a door at the top and at the bottom so, providing the doors are shut, children are safe.
The large garden is enclosed and allows ample space for lawn games and general running around and playing. For more ambitious games or more space to run around in we can usually suggest an empty field.
The river Ottery runs through our farm and, if supervised by adults, children can have great fun playing in the water – fishing, sailing little boats, even rafting, picnicing or just watching the wildlife.
Cullacott is a working farm with grazing animals - sheep with lambs in season and cattle - no bulls to be scared of. There is very little large machinery to be wary of so children are safe in the yards and lanes.
We have a Jack Russell named Bruno who loves children and who loves to be played with. We also have 2 cats who may choose to be petted – or may not! Wander out across 2 fields and guests will come to "Echo Valley" where a shout across into the adjoining woods will come back as an echo. A wander through the woods is a delight at any time of year: bluebells, wood anemones, marsh marigolds, primroses and many more in season. You may even glimpse roe deer, fallow deer, the odd fox or badger.